Upgrade Movie Review



Spoiler Alert

Are you ready for an upgrade? How about a futuristic society where you can build a pistol into your arm or become the ultimate fighting machine?

Upgrade is a thrill ride featuring Logan Marshall Green (Prometheus, Snowden, The Invitation) and directed by Leigh Whannell (Insidious, Saw) 

It's a sci-fi action movie with an intriguing concept. While I found it to be entertaining, the story felt too neat and the beats felt too precise to me; almost machine-like. 
When the reveal came, in the back of my mind, I already knew it. 

There wasn't a lot of time for empathizing with the characters. They seemed stock to me and didn't carry too much depth. As a pure action movie, it was okay. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it. 

For action buffs, go see it. For everyone else, at the very most, wait until it comes out on DVD. 

Rating: C

Comments