"Fantastic Beasts" is Back with "Crimes of Grindelwald"



Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Adventure Continues - Warner Bros. UK

Things are about to get rocky for Muggles as Grindelwald, played by Johnny Depp, escapes from his dark prison cell at the American Ministry of Magic to proclaim his radical ideology that wizards, warlocks and witches should be free to rule over muggles in the world.

Our friend, Newt Scamander played by Eddie Redmayne is back with his tiny tree friend to get his travel privileges reinstated after he accidentally wreaked havoc in London during the previous Fantastic Beasts film.

Crimes of Grindelwald is an entertaining adventure and another glimpse into J.K. Rowling's fascinating and imaginative world of magic. However, I felt that this story was not nearly as good as any Harry Potter story, although perhaps I'm comparing apples and oranges here.

I felt that it was a little challenging to follow the various story-archs and the story didn't have as much depth as I would have liked to see.

When I watch a fantasy film, I want to feel enchanted. I felt that the story was lackluster in this regard despite the fantastical environments such as the feeding of the kelp dragon and the magical circus.

Rating: B

Comments

  1. Thank you for informing me about this movie. I do wish there would be one straightforward, simple-to-follow story where what was complex was not all the plot threads, but the emotional and psychological depth to the characters. 😯 Still, Ms. Rowling is delightful with her fanciful imaginings. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment